Friday, January 14, 2011

From Songbird to King of the Jungle

I don't know how to go about starting this. So I guess I'll just aimlessly type the thoughts running through my head as of current. Ummm, where to begin is the question, as I seem to be brimming with extraneous emotions, detached from what I'm actually feeling right now at the very moment. I'm sure I'm not even making much sense. But I'll just have to remind myself to bare with me.

I'm moving. Soon. I'm moving back home to Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA. It's so peculiar to me, that place. Because the moment I stepped foot on one of its many densely inhabited sidewalks of passersby and residents, I felt right at home, as if I've lived there all my life. Every night I go to bed and wake up I hear it calling my name, tugging at my heart and soul. Something from within is ignited every time I see the city brightly lit up on my father's 50-some-inch flat-screen TV.

There is something there. Something is waiting for me in Hollywood. I have this extravagant idea of what it is too. It's convoluted, that very subject, as I attempt to explain myself to others and even my therapist, many never really seem to "get" me. I bet to most, I just sound delusional. But I know I'm not. I just know.

I used to tell everyone around me that I can FEEL it in the pit of my stomach that I, Reki*, am going to make it as an internationally known, mega-superstar musician extraordinaire. But somewhere along the lines, somewhere in-between all the internal chaos that is me, I found that I don't just feel it any longer...I KNOW it. This intuition, I suppose you could name it, transformed into factual knowledge. It's perplexing and even more difficult to try and iterate. I have so much reason to believe that I've believed this dream of mine into reality; and the more and more I work for it, towards it, believe in it, the closer and closer I reel it into my grasp. It's only a matter of time before all falls into place. It's as if I've read a history book, absorbed the information, and can recite it from heart. As if history itself has already been written, somewhere in the stars.

But of course, it has yet to happen. It's merely waiting to happen. I know, I know—it's just...hard to comprehend. I don't expect anyone to understand. They don't need to. I need to.

I like to think I have a story worth sharing with the world. A story that can reach out to people I've never seen before in my life, connect with them, bring everyone together, so much closer, through music. Music is the kind of thing that makes me want to live forever. It's the very meaning of my life. I am music. And I want to show you.

I am Reki*. Hear me ROAR.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mer Boy

There isn't much I can think of in life that compares to the experience of being an effeminate male, in poise, disposition, and outward ...